Thursday, January 20, 2011

So it's 2011...

Greetings dear reader.


It's been a long time since I've blogged about anything, and I was thinking it might be a good idea to change the name and address of my blog to something that pertains more specifically to its content. "Hello Internet" does not really bring "movie rants" to mind, but that is what you will find here. I have decided not to change my blog name and address, however, as I may lose the few readers that I already have, and I can't be arsed.


So it is now 2011 and I am finally employed as a high school English and Media teacher. I've been placed in a school that is literally as far away from where we live as it could possibly be, but I wasn't going to turn down what sounds like a great position, so I will very soon be one of those strange creatures that is awake at 5 in the morning in order to get to work on time. Lucky me. You know you're getting older when you decide to take a job that means you have to get up at 5 rather than not take the job and get up at a reasonable hour of the morning, like 9 or 10 (or realistically 7).


Despite completely changing my sleeping hours and kind of freaking out about actually beginning a job that I have no experience in (I've done plenty of prac, but I was always under the constraints and supervision of another teacher. Having my own classes will be completely different) I am excited about beginning the job that I spent four (technically 6) years at university training to do. And I will get paid for it.


Also, I'm going to see Wire next week. I can't believe they are coming to Perth. I haven't been this excited to see a band in a long time.


There we go. That was kind of 'hello internet'y wasn't it?


jej

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A search for intitle:keyword would indicate which web pages
used the keywords in. The ones that are in your control.
It is very important in attracting traffic because
users easily get annoyed with slow loading page. While there are innumerable websites which will peep
a visitor, a visitor will not bother to try again
on the same server as a banned site. However efficient an optimizers firm to take care of
your search engine ranking.

Review my web blog; google search engine marketing